a PDF Copy of the Warranty
AMSOIL INC. of Superior, Wisconsin hereby warrants that its
lubricants are fit for use according to the written recommendations of
AMSOIL INC. and in applications specifying one or more of the standards
set forth in the product data bulletins and product labels. AMSOIL INC.
further warrants its products to be free of defective materials, design,
THIS WARRANTY IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING LIMITATIONS:
1. This warranty only applies to AMSOIL lubricants for which a separate,
specific warranty is not written.
2. The warranty herein applies only to AMSOIL lubricants, which are
packaged by AMSOIL INC. and sold by AMSOIL INC. or an authorized
3. The liability of AMSOIL INC. shall be limited to:
a. Replacement of the defective lubricant.
b. The cost, including labor and materials, to repair damaged equipment,
or at the option of AMSOIL INC., the cost to replace damaged equipment,
resulting directly from the use of AMSOIL INC. lubricants when used in the
4. AMSOIL INC. shall not be liable for special, incidental, or
consequential damages including, but not limited to, damage or loss of
other property or equipment, loss of profits or revenue, cost of capital,
business interruption, lodging, towing, or cost of replacement equipment.
The liability of AMSOIL INC. arising out of the manufacture, sale,
delivery, installation, technical directions or recommendation of any
lubricant- whether in contract, tort, warranty or otherwise - shall not
exceed the value of the equipment in which the product(s) were used. The
remedies to the purchaser herein are exclusive.
5. In the event of a claim against AMSOIL INC., the procedure below must
be completely followed.
a. Where the original warranty from the equipment manufacturer is still in
effect, the customer shall file a warranty claim with the Original
Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) in accordance with the OEM warranty
b. Customer shall retain failed parts for inspection by AMSOIL INC. unless
given to the OEM.
c. Customer shall also, within 30 days of failure, notify AMSOIL INC. and
provide the following:
(a.) An eight (8) ounce representative oil sample taken from the failed
equipment and put into a clean container.
(b.) Documentation including make, model, and year of equipment, total
accumulated miles and/or hours, and duty cycle or service environment.
(c.) Equipment or vehicle maintenance history documentation including
miles or hours at the time of AMSOIL lubricant installation, general
equipment repairs, and oil analysis results if available.
(d.) Proof of purchase for AMSOIL lubricant.
(e.) Batch number from oil container or Certificate of Analysis.
d. Mail the above sample and information to:
AMSOIL INC., Attn: Technical Services
Superior, WI 54880
e. In cases where the OEM warranty is still in effect and that warranty
coverage is denied based on the use of an AMSOIL lubricant, the customer
shall immediately notify AMSOIL INC. and provide a written copy of the OEM
f. AMSOIL INC. may, at its option, notify its insurance carrier of the
g. AMSOIL INC. or its insurance carrier may conduct an investigation that
includes, but is not limited to, an inspection of the failed parts, a
review of the operating conditions, and a thorough review of the
information requested above. The customer agrees to cooperate with such
h. If AMSOIL INC. or its insurance carrier pays a claim, an attempt may be
made to recover amounts paid from the OEM. If this occurs, the customer
may be asked to provide further information pertaining to the failure and
to cooperate with AMSOIL INC. or its insurer in the recovery process.
THE WARRANTY MAY NOT BE EXTENDED TO COVER:
1. AMSOIL lubricants used in mechanically deficient equipment as a result
of abnormal operation; negligence; abuse; damage from casualty, shipment
or accident; or equipment modification done without written authorization
from the OEM.
2. AMSOIL lubricants that have been used for the purposes of racing or in
applications where the OEM required lubricant standards do not match those
stated by AMSOIL INC. without the written approval from AMSOIL INC.
3. AMSOIL lubricants that have been contaminated after leaving the AMSOIL
INC. premises due to improper handling, storage or through equipment
deficiencies in which an AMSOIL lubricant has been installed.
4. AMSOIL lubricants which have been packaged, regardless of container, by
anyone other than AMSOIL INC. or an AMSOIL authorized packager.
5. Any allegedly defective AMSOIL lubricant for which a reasonable sample
has not been preserved.
6. Failure of equipment when AMSOIL lubricants are not used in strict
accordance with either the written recommendations of AMSOIL INC. or the
OEM for warranty coverage.
7. AMSOIL lubricants that have been used in conjunction with any other
product or additive that has not been authorized for use by AMSOIL INC.
8. Failure of equipment due to a pre-existing condition that is unrelated
to the use of AMSOIL.
9. Repair or replacement of equipment because of normal wear.
AMSOIL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT A WARRANTY CLAIM FOR ANY OR ALL OF
THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
1. Failure to follow all OEM recommendations for warranty coverage,
including lubricants, maintenance, and drain intervals, prior to the first
installation of AMSOIL lubricants.
2. AMSOIL INC. was not notified within 30 days from the date of failure.
3. Claim information is insufficient.
4. Parts inspected do not substantiate a claim or indicate failure.
5. Parts requested were not sent or are unavailable for inspection.
6. Oil sample was not provided.
7. Failure of the customer to follow the written procedure herein.
8. Customer refused to cooperate with the investigation.
9. Failure was the result of an OEM defect.
This warranty shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, and in
accordance with, the laws of the State of Wisconsin.
AMSOIL INC. IS THE SOLE AUTHOR OF THIS POLICY AND MAKES NO OTHER
WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED UNLESS A SEPARATE, SPECIFIC WARRANTY HAS
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY
TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO
HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
Superior, WI 54880
715-392-7101, Fax 715-392-3097
Revised April 8th, 2003
Supercedes all previous versions